Current Training Status: not blogging... running.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Twilight Res Tour




This is my best attempt at distance, this week. I'm trying not to worry too much about Bimbler's Bluff, but this prep is much different than my prep for Pisgah. What I can't get my mind around, is that Pisgah IS the prep for Bimbler's Bluff. Ridiculous names. I seem to be running well, despite kind of spraining my foot at work last week and hardly running much at all. Sunday, I showed up at Monroe after 4 days off a sore foot and took my Age Group while the normal competition was mostly hobbled by the technical terrain. I hope they heal up. Despite their obvious injury as I passed, I was pushed hard in the final smooth miles knowing they were back there. It was an idyllic day that I could go on and on about, but daylight is fading fast, and I want to be at Whiting by Dark. It's October, so blaze orange hat and red shirt. Trying out dates as well as the usual gel and dried mango. Going for 4 ish hours, no hurry. Added a mile on the map, up to the Bluff overlooking Hampden Ponds. There won't be sunlight to enjoy the foliage by, but I miss that hill.

No comments: