Current Training Status: not blogging... running.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

East Mountain Complete (Lane Quarry to Cherry WMA)





Elks to Lane Quarry, Across the Ridgeline almost to 141, back to the Elks. This is a very ambitious run. I'm posting from work, where I'm just realizing how ambitious it is. I've mapped out 23 miles and 3000', which could take as long as 5 hours! Leaving the house with all preparations, I only took 2 long run bottles, good for about 4 hours. So, I'll have a cliff bar in my pocket.


The main goal is to tackle all of East Mountain from the Elks. The M+M trail follows the ridgeline where it can, and a lower lying parallel trail connects with the reservoir where I usually run with friends. The south portion of the M+M has to dodge a Quarry, but I'll run both the M+M and the ridgeline through the quarry property as it will break up the run nicely.

No comments: